Gates-no not the software guy
OK...no pictures just venting some frustration. I understand that we want our children to be safe. Helmets, knee pads and reflective clothing; don't talk to strangers etc. I'm all for safety. To be honest this baby gate thing perplexes me. I'm trying to come up with a containment strategy. Then I think to my self, OK, I'm going to install gates to keep the baby in a certain area to protect her from herself. Fair enough I think, but the safety of the parent goes out the window as we try to maneuver around these new barriers at crotch height.
I'm paralyzed with indifference. Then there is the aesthetics factor. They are ugly eyesores and you need to drill into the walls. They also have age limits on certain gates. I guess they assume at some rate the hairless monkey will figure out its opposable thumbs and open the friggin thing.
So the evil stairs. I mean it-them things are scary. I have seen my father almost have his arms ripped from his sockets. I have crashed down a few and broken bones. So the stairs do need to be protected. So I'm back at square one if anyone has any suggestions or clever ideas I'm all ears. I have wood banisters that do not line up and are different thicknesses. I could use a compression gate but those are not safety approved for stairs. The "approved" kind need nine inch nails and gorilla glue to install. They advertise can stop 100 kilos... Of what?!? 10 to 1 odds if I ran my 100 kilo ass at the gate it would break.
OK done!
PS-I'm really looking for some input.
And I (Jena) can't resist posting some pictures...

I'm paralyzed with indifference. Then there is the aesthetics factor. They are ugly eyesores and you need to drill into the walls. They also have age limits on certain gates. I guess they assume at some rate the hairless monkey will figure out its opposable thumbs and open the friggin thing.
So the evil stairs. I mean it-them things are scary. I have seen my father almost have his arms ripped from his sockets. I have crashed down a few and broken bones. So the stairs do need to be protected. So I'm back at square one if anyone has any suggestions or clever ideas I'm all ears. I have wood banisters that do not line up and are different thicknesses. I could use a compression gate but those are not safety approved for stairs. The "approved" kind need nine inch nails and gorilla glue to install. They advertise can stop 100 kilos... Of what?!? 10 to 1 odds if I ran my 100 kilo ass at the gate it would break.
OK done!
PS-I'm really looking for some input.
And I (Jena) can't resist posting some pictures...

3 Comments:
Try barbed wire or razor wire.
Tried that, she has special drool that instantly rusts the wire.
CUTE baby legs!
We use the compression gates and I've never had a daycare kid push through it....they have climbed over it though ;) Plus they are like $10 compared to like $40!
Post a Comment
<< Home