Monday, January 28, 2008

She's got the look

Milestones keep coming along here. Marin is growing mentally and physically. It's absolutely amazing. Jena and I have been trying to do the baby sign language thing. It's tough because you get little or no feedback and I must admit I had all but given up and only signed for giggles. Jena has been more persistent and I think it has paid off. Marin has spontaneously signed. It's frigging cool. The sign for dog is to slap your thigh like your calling a dog (clever). Well instead of a generic dog we have always signed with Alex in mind (Marin's fur brother for you new people). And holy &^%* Marin takes one look at Alex and pats her thigh when I say who is that (referring to Alex). Marin has already been saying adix (Marin speak for Alex). The signing is now a pretty regular experience and she's on the verge of signing more.

I can now see what people mean when they say children get frustrated trying to communicate. I have seen Marin get fussy when she is trying to say things like "pick me up" or "feed me" or my favorite "take me to Bob's pizza". Marin continues to be a joy and the apple of my eye.

LOOK the tooth lives!!!!


I know this is cute but for some reason I can only think of a man on the john reading the paper taking his morning BM.

Happy Birthday Grandpa


Marin can now count to one-- Slosberg's RULE!

Jena is taking this whole "green" thing to the extreme.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tamra said...

Aww she is so cute! Keep doing the signs........do a sign for everything you say "milk" "drink" "eat" "dog" "diaper" and trust me........when she is a little bit older she will use them a LOT! Addison still signs for milk and eat and diaper and more etc even though she can say the words sometimes you can't decifer them. She's learning them........give it time! You'll be amazed.

9:56 AM  
Blogger Leia H said...

Baby sign is so wonderful isn't it?? It really helped some kids in my daycare, and later helped our oldest daughter. Our 11 month old just started signing "all done" and you're right - it's so darn cute!

Congrats on the tooth Marin - it's just beautiful! :)

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home