Monday, August 31, 2009

Like water for butt paste

So without time to spare we packed up the car and headed out to Storyland in Northern NH. We left Alex with Tracey and headed to the great white north. Jena showed me pictures of this hotel and said it was "kid friendly" and close to the outlet malls and Storyland etc. Little did I know that is was ATTACHED to the outlet malls........ I think Jena knew. What do you think?

First let me say the "kid friendly" is a great concept and it was handy. Like having big stuffed animals and talking moose and craft time yada yada. My favorite was the huge Beaver in the lobby.

So we went for 2 nights and I needed the wheeled valet to bring all the stuff we brought to the room. Oh back to "kid friendly" so this means that you will have lots of kids. I don't mind kids...I think they are great. The youthful exuberance and the peeing in the pool, that's great. I don't like the parents. It gives me the chills...all the parents...yuck. We went to the hotel restaurant as it was raining, like in that Noah's Ark movie. So everyone EVERYONE had the same idea. It was around the grizzlies time and it was packed with tired kids and parents and was understaffed. Needless to say I can remove that meal from my memory banks.

We had big fun swimming and playing around even though it rained like crazy for 90 percent of the time we were there. It's ok cause on a 90 degree day Marin only wanted to swim in the indoor heated pool. But as luck would have it, the 4 hours stretch of no rain coincided with our trip to the amusement park. That was a blast even though there were parents there too. Marin had fun and Delcan was well behaved and over all good times were had by all.

picture time

The weather was perfect until we set off for our vacation
who needs an amusement park

Happy



This was one very exciting flying clog

Orka Orka Orka

This was one of Marin's favorite rides

I was put in jail on the count of parental benign neglect. I lost site of Marin and panicked Jena.

Thankfully we had eaten our wheaties so we broke out.

Turn you monitors on its side as this is too cute to miss. Aunt Laura gets us cool t-shirts

Safety First (that's Mark the contractor and Marin loves him. He was wearing his "ears" so I had to get her a pair so she could match him)

Bathtime

After bath cutefest. It's times like these that remind you why you don't smother your children


Sleeping and in the crib... if you have been following this blog you know how much of a milestone this is (so it lasted 10 minutes)

Future Thelonious Monk

Porto baby box thing for our camping trip



You try putting a 21/2 year old in a Bjorn with a straight face

this is the new way to nap Marin

2 Comments:

Blogger Leia H said...

OMG how funny to put Marin in the sling! Hilarious!!!

11:03 PM  
Blogger James Michael said...

Great post. I did a close up of Marin and Declan in the adorable Burrito shirts. I must say they look so much alike I think you could put Marin's hair on Declan and they would be twins. Except the noses are a bit different. So cute. can't wait to see them Sunday even if it's a short visit.

8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home