Friday, March 16, 2007

How to win friends and influence poopy

So another night and another sleepless night.... No actually we all slept quite well. Yesterday we ventured out to Avo and TBD's house. We met our friend Katherine and her new baby Emma. Emma and Marin are within 2 weeks of each other. We are sure they are going to be fast friends. They even did some synchronized crying... All was grand.

Katherine got us a wipe warmer. (OK I know what you are thinking). Before you hear the cries from a baby getting the nether regions swabbed with a chilly wipe you will think the wipe warmer is useless. I'm here to tell you otherwise. Most babies... well my baby doesn't like to be naked and cold. Swabbing her hoop with a cold wipe makes matters worse. With the warm wipe its seems to lessen the shock and even have a calming effect. So we thank you Katherine and John!
Speaking of gifts, someone sent us a gorgeous bouquet of tropical flowers. The note did not tell us who sent them. If you read this please let us know so we can thank you proper!!


Ahh almost forgot. I assume everyone loves to hear of my misadventures and when it involves poo and pee all the better. Marin is finishing up feeding and looks a little uncomfortable. I nominate myself to go and change her. I pick her up and head to her room for a changing. I hear a grumbling tummy and her face has a strained look about it. I thought hmmmmmm, as soon as I lay her down on her changing table booooom she lets loose a rumble from the jungle. Once- twice-all is silent and a smile comes across her face. I rub the belly a bit to make sure she is all done. I proceed to take off her diaper and like the fountains at the Bellagio, a geyser of poo erupts. I do my best to catch the mess and feel good that I got it. Her internal switch went off again and another rush of poo.... this time I was not as fortunate and it went all over... her, the mattress pad, her cloths... you get the idea. At this very moment I ran out of wipes too. It was becoming a comedy of errors and I was laughing hard enough to wake Grandma in the guest bedroom. I get everything cleaned up and get ready to put on the diaper when... I know you all see this one coming. She urinates all over the place. There goes another diaper and another cycle of cleaning. After that she was a serene baby. (I won't go into wrestling Alex last night to the kitchen floor to clean the dog mess that was all over his foot). I will dedicate the day as fecal matter day. Enough with my nonsense lets get to the pics.







I need some theme music when I walk my child. (Please comment with suggestions)

2 Comments:

Blogger Zelia said...

Thanks for keeping us updated on Marin's progress, and are those cup holders in the stroller?

8:07 AM  
Blogger James Michael said...

A wipe warmer? Paul, they don't have wipe warmers in Zambia and those kids do just fine. What happened to the bare minimum, I'm going to parent "au natural" like they did thousands of years ago? Paul you shouldn't even be using wipes. In the jungles of Guyana they use the leaves of the Beegcrappa tree to clean the bottoms of the native children. We have put our order in for the next harvest of them.

Amazing what we do as parents to prevent any discomfort of our children. Make sure you get a bottle warmer too.

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home