Monday, March 12, 2007

Lions and Tigers and Grandparents, OH MY!

Good morning!

Sleep update, Marin had another good night last night. It could have been a great night but her digestive system had other ideas. Every time we had miss thang fast asleep her GI tract was wide awake and kickin. So out of good conscious I would change her and get her all cleaned up. That in turn would wake her up and we would start the cycle all over again. Luckily by about 4AM she seemed to clear out her large intestine and bladder. So Jena and I were able to sleep. Then by the good grace of Wilmington; Marin's grandparents took over and Jena and I slept in!


Yesterday was Marin's one week life anniversary. We had a cookie party and all was right in the world. Marin also got to see almost all over her grandparents yesterday. My father did the honor and severed the last strand holding onto Marin's umbilical cord. Jena was very sad to see it go. I was glad, I'm not sure where the sentiment comes from a flap of rotting flesh. I guess that is were Jena and Marin were literally connected for 9 months. Ok now I see why hmm, some times I can be an insensitive jerk. I will have to make her a necklace out of the stump.


So a break down of the grandparents:


Pepe AKA Richard
Meme AKA Margaret
Pap pah AKA Steve
Grandma AKA Eileen
Avo (Vo Vo) AKA Zelia
TBD (Zeta but that sounds like an old guy) AKA Ron


Every day there is new wonderment that Marin bestows on us. She seems to be trying to figure out what a smile is. Its so very cute to watch the process slowly unfold. It kicks her cuteness to 11 when she does it.


(Alex Update)
Alex is being a great fur brother. When Marin cries he becomes alert and goes on watch dog mode. He will heel with who ever is carrying her and lay at there feet till she is calmed down. He has not shown much interest in the little miss squirmy. I'm not going to let him get too close yet cause he likes to eat poo sometimes and I don't want him licking her yet.

Alex guarding his sleeping fur sibling













Marin heard that knee socks were "in" this year.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tamra said...

Awwww she's changing every day and cute as a button! One thing to note is that if Alex is always at your heels.........Jax did this and one time EJ went to step backwards holding Addison and he literally FELL on the floor because Jax had laid down behind him! It's great you are so aware of him!

I can't wait to meet little Marin. She's a little doll!

4:37 PM  
Blogger James Michael said...

Thanks for the update and pics. They were great to see. Looks like you guys are having a wonderful and busy time. Can't wait to see Marin again. Sounds like you guys are doing great with sleep. I'm jealous she is such a great sleeper.
-shelby

8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home