Sunday, June 22, 2008

Plum Crazy

This morning we awoke to a warm and muggy day. We decided for an adventure we would hit Newburyport and Plum Island. We had a nice lunch at the Black Cow in Newburyport then strolled around the waterfront and decided to venture forward to the state park. When we pulled up to the check point the woman said that it was very busy today and the we should go to the closest beach. I didn't want to hear of it so we went the long way-all the way out to the end of the island. As we arrived the clouds were coming in and looked ominous on the horizon. At this point nothing would deter me from getting to the beach. So we took the long walk to the ocean... with a stroller, umbrella, chair, diaper bag, ergo carrier and Jena's purse. Once we got out of the car we realized quickly that something was brewing. It was windy like 15mph windy. We fought the wind out to the point and saw a very angry ocean and dark storm clouds. The sand was whipping up and riding over the beach like a swarm of spirits. So of course I put down Marin and she loved it. She went running with the wind at her back to go see the sea gulls. She squealed with glee as the wind whipped around her. She was great. She walked to the oceans edge and let the wind buffet her and it knocked her over several times. She just kept getting up and laughing. I wish I could express how cool it was to see her enjoy this spot that I had enjoyed as a young boy. Thank fully the high winds kept away the green head flies.

Picture time!

Children's joy is just infectious

Sense of adventure

No I don't have a new hair style, the wind was steady at around 12 knots plus

She is still young-seagulls (flying rats) are still cool
Super toddler
Meme and Pepe would be proud to know that Marin was pointing at the plovers flying around

Marilyn Monroe has nothing on Marin
It's official my daughter is indeed a bad ass
Marin was letting the wind hold her up

4 Comments:

Blogger Zelia said...

Looks like a perfect day! And Marin is just oozing joy.

6:02 PM  
Blogger James Michael said...

great pictures! love the marilyn one...that needs a frame it's a beautiful shot.

9:11 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

What great pictures! Sorry we couldn't join you -that looks like a cool spot though (I've never actually been ON the beach on Plum Island.) I agree - the "Marilyn" shot is a beautiful picture...

9:11 PM  
Blogger Leia H said...

What a nice beach - clean sand, pretty water. The windy shots are so fun! Glad Marin had fun on the beach!

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home