Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Batteries included

First a warm happy birthday to Pepe!!! Whoo Whoo..not to forget Bret too!!! Happy birthday to great-Grandma Caudill. Its a free for all birthday bash. Birthday suits not required.

Marin, Jena and I all went to the MS walk to support our friend Shelby. It turned out to be a fantastic day. We had fun running the 15k marathon and Marin did not protest once. I can't believe Jena ran the whole way with Marin in her running stroller. Besides from popping some mega blisters, it was a great day. I love pretzel sticks but it's a strange choice of snacks at the checkpoint throughout the race.

Jena asked me to change out some batteries on Marin's toys this evening. First I would like to mention that having kids gives you a whole new reason to buy batteries. Historically they were for Walkmans (totally dating myself here) and RC cars. Now it's toy after toy after toy. I'm starting to feel bad and think that things should be solar powered or need to be cranked up and charged manually. Maybe that would fix the obesity issues in this country. So I'm replacing the batteries in the carnival tent thing on the exo-saucer-it now sounds like a demon clown with a severe case of stuttering. I look it over carefully and notice 4 screws... so like any industrious young buck, I grabbed a long screw driver and removed the screws. MUCH to my surprise the batteries are hard wired in the device. How can this be? Am I supposed to replace the whole unit due to the failure of this device. Thanks to my loose morals I will just go to Toys'R'us and swap it with the display model and no one will ever know.

Some milestone updates. Marin continues to get bolder in her walking adventures. She is now without prompting trying to walk between objects. She is getting there! Also Marin will now do the rhinoceros dance when you sing or say rhino or if she sees it in a book (if you have seen Justin Roberts in concert you will understand).

On to the pics.

So Marin is still a little wobbly when it comes to walking but boy can she climb. With no pants on even!

More success (or terror from a parents perspective)

Caught red handed climbing up to the top of the window sill.

The camera really loves Marin

Disturbingly cute

This is Marin modeling the 08 fashion trend simple called "Mother Teresa"

Marin is eating a pear... YUM


Marin is practicing the "can I have the car/can I stay out past curfew/I neeeeeed those pants"look

1 Comments:

Blogger Leia H said...

Oh I think those eyes get bigger every day! What a beauty. You are in for it...

15K?? Holy cow Jena! Way to go! I bow to your strength! I'm sure Marin loved the ride!

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home