Swimming in a sea of cheese
Greetings,
Marin's first birthday is quickly approaching. She is growing fast and so is her vocabulary and her ability to interact with the world around her. I want to first apologize for the strange formatting. Blogger seems to be unhappy with me today. Lots going on; Marin and Mom continue to test drive this whole Stay at Home Mommy thing. I think they are both loving it.
Jena did however ask me to go to one of these baby\toddler\kid\family places with classes and yoga type stuff. It's a place that you can buy breast pumps and sign up for prenatal yoga. All the people seemed nice enough but it made me want to squirm. Marin, Jena and I went to the open house to check out the place and listen to a woman who gives music lessons to young children. Not sure what my problem was but it completely got me out of my comfort zone. I like kids and babies and such but I'm learning ever so slowly that I don't like people in general. The moms there did not bother me but my fellow fathers did. I'm not sure if I'm still caveman Joe and looking to compete for the favor of the fertile women. Can't describe it and I don't want to poke fun since these apparently are my new peeps (after this experience I went to the car, blared Pantera and dreamt of smoking butts and getting a tattoo... no I'm not mature and never claimed to be).
So some updates on my sweet daughter.
She is now 6' 5"
She has some new words:
Ball (pronounced "Bow-ell")
Uh Oh
Grawwl (lion noise with the claw swipe)
She can now stand on her own for a few seconds.
And in a picture book when she see food she says "MMMMMM" and licks the page (she gets that from her mother).
Marin's friend Maddy came over for a visit with her parents. We had a really nice time. If you are keeping score; the Mullen family continues to slaughter the Slosbergs at pool. They should learn to let the hosts win at least once in a while. I am happy to report however that they are no match for our dart skills. Papa Mullen left a Chimey in the snow bank and for that I am grateful as I had it with my lunch. It was so good that I had a nap. We want to thank them for the dinner and drinks.
Marin had her first injury. She gave herself a paper cut. It took the panicked parents a few seconds to find were the blood was coming from but after a quick check we found the wound and treated it proper.

Thank goodness the high chair has height adjustment. I do not think that Alex would be able to behave himself.

Marin once again out on the town at the finest establishments. She enjoyed Foi Gras and some Escargot.

nothing cuter than a sleeping baby


Marin and Alex now share toys...

Marin is starting to get rough with the paparazzi

Twins


I'm afraid this may be trouble in a few more months




I know this is all messed up but please forgive my blogging faux pas.
Marin's first birthday is quickly approaching. She is growing fast and so is her vocabulary and her ability to interact with the world around her. I want to first apologize for the strange formatting. Blogger seems to be unhappy with me today. Lots going on; Marin and Mom continue to test drive this whole Stay at Home Mommy thing. I think they are both loving it.
Jena did however ask me to go to one of these baby\toddler\kid\family places with classes and yoga type stuff. It's a place that you can buy breast pumps and sign up for prenatal yoga. All the people seemed nice enough but it made me want to squirm. Marin, Jena and I went to the open house to check out the place and listen to a woman who gives music lessons to young children. Not sure what my problem was but it completely got me out of my comfort zone. I like kids and babies and such but I'm learning ever so slowly that I don't like people in general. The moms there did not bother me but my fellow fathers did. I'm not sure if I'm still caveman Joe and looking to compete for the favor of the fertile women. Can't describe it and I don't want to poke fun since these apparently are my new peeps (after this experience I went to the car, blared Pantera and dreamt of smoking butts and getting a tattoo... no I'm not mature and never claimed to be).
So some updates on my sweet daughter.
She is now 6' 5"
She has some new words:
Ball (pronounced "Bow-ell")
Uh Oh
Grawwl (lion noise with the claw swipe)
She can now stand on her own for a few seconds.
And in a picture book when she see food she says "MMMMMM" and licks the page (she gets that from her mother).
Marin's friend Maddy came over for a visit with her parents. We had a really nice time. If you are keeping score; the Mullen family continues to slaughter the Slosbergs at pool. They should learn to let the hosts win at least once in a while. I am happy to report however that they are no match for our dart skills. Papa Mullen left a Chimey in the snow bank and for that I am grateful as I had it with my lunch. It was so good that I had a nap. We want to thank them for the dinner and drinks.
Marin had her first injury. She gave herself a paper cut. It took the panicked parents a few seconds to find were the blood was coming from but after a quick check we found the wound and treated it proper.
Thank goodness the high chair has height adjustment. I do not think that Alex would be able to behave himself.
Marin once again out on the town at the finest establishments. She enjoyed Foi Gras and some Escargot.
nothing cuter than a sleeping baby
Marin and Alex now share toys...
Marin is starting to get rough with the paparazzi
Twins
I'm afraid this may be trouble in a few more months

1 Comments:
Thank goodness Marin looks like you Jena!! ;) You two are absolutely adorable together!
We have that same chewy fish...it's tied to Arabella's birthday balloons, because she kept trying to eat the sand attached...
Post a Comment
<< Home