Green is the new black
So we have survived birthday number one. It's not over yet,we still have a big party planned! We went to Marin's first rock and roll concert this weekend. We rocked out with Mike, Shelby and Charlotte. It was Mike's 25th birthday so we binged on burritos from Chipotle. Marin had a good time at the concert. It was funny how you could tell we hit the 45 minute mark as all the kids started to squirm and fuss. I must say that Justin Roberts puts on a great show and I would recommend him to all those inflicted with the child virus. And if you don't have a child, borrow one and check him out.
So I have a new Dad dilemma regarding this whole notion of going "green". Jena and I are long time recyclers but never would you accuse us of being "crunchy". Recently we have been trying to steer away from mega processed stuff and trying to be a little more conscious of what we buy and reuse (you should have seen the look from the lady at the grocery store when I handed her my own canvas bags). The whole organic and local produce has been a favorite of mine. Actually Jena and I had already been doing a lot of that without knowing it was the "right" thing to do. It might help that I'm addicted to fruit (Jena has recently printed me a huge magnet with all the seasons for local fruit). I still won't let her forget the one year we missed strawberry season. Onto my conundrum...some of this eco/green/organic stuff really sucks! So I wonder if using more of this "green" stuff is offset by using less of the chemical stuff. Also shame on you grocery stores for over inflating "organic" stuff prices and trying to push stuff like organic PAM. Um if it's aerosol anything it's not organic (unless of course gas from eating your veggies...that is OK-and quite organic). So I sit here confused... It started with dolphin safe tuna and ended with humanly slaughtered beef cattle. I still can't shake my soda addiction but I discovered Coke Zero but now I read that diet soda is bad for you too. If this keeps up I'm going to start smoking again on principle.
I was thinking about the whole one hand clapping thing and also pondering if a tree falls in the forest and no one hears it; so the question of the day remains. As I try with all my might to remove a large booger from my daughters nose...I remember a wise man once said "you can pick your friends, you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friends nose..." does this apply to my daughter?
So I'm done-onto some pics.
Marin and Charlotte kickin it at snack time

So, cute picture-you have seen this all before. Now look closely... I have not showered yet and was about to go out to the grocery store to pick up some food. Jena took this shot then let Marin and I go to the grocery store. Never once telling me to fix my hair. Don't worry folks I caught it on my way into to store.

Marin has been trucking around like crazy walking is coming soon!

If you like Marin's outfit it was inspired by Punky Brewster pre-breast reduction.

Marin's first rock-n-roll concert... no moshing

I didn't mean to drop the hair dryer in the bathtub

this is Barredtholomeu he is a barred owl that hung out at our place for the day

Marin is going to be a good cook

SNIFF Marin's growing up fast

Here is our pot of gold at the end of the rainbow

Choking hazard-schmoking hazard
So I have a new Dad dilemma regarding this whole notion of going "green". Jena and I are long time recyclers but never would you accuse us of being "crunchy". Recently we have been trying to steer away from mega processed stuff and trying to be a little more conscious of what we buy and reuse (you should have seen the look from the lady at the grocery store when I handed her my own canvas bags). The whole organic and local produce has been a favorite of mine. Actually Jena and I had already been doing a lot of that without knowing it was the "right" thing to do. It might help that I'm addicted to fruit (Jena has recently printed me a huge magnet with all the seasons for local fruit). I still won't let her forget the one year we missed strawberry season. Onto my conundrum...some of this eco/green/organic stuff really sucks! So I wonder if using more of this "green" stuff is offset by using less of the chemical stuff. Also shame on you grocery stores for over inflating "organic" stuff prices and trying to push stuff like organic PAM. Um if it's aerosol anything it's not organic (unless of course gas from eating your veggies...that is OK-and quite organic). So I sit here confused... It started with dolphin safe tuna and ended with humanly slaughtered beef cattle. I still can't shake my soda addiction but I discovered Coke Zero but now I read that diet soda is bad for you too. If this keeps up I'm going to start smoking again on principle.
I was thinking about the whole one hand clapping thing and also pondering if a tree falls in the forest and no one hears it; so the question of the day remains. As I try with all my might to remove a large booger from my daughters nose...I remember a wise man once said "you can pick your friends, you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friends nose..." does this apply to my daughter?
So I'm done-onto some pics.
Marin and Charlotte kickin it at snack time
So, cute picture-you have seen this all before. Now look closely... I have not showered yet and was about to go out to the grocery store to pick up some food. Jena took this shot then let Marin and I go to the grocery store. Never once telling me to fix my hair. Don't worry folks I caught it on my way into to store.
Marin has been trucking around like crazy walking is coming soon!
If you like Marin's outfit it was inspired by Punky Brewster pre-breast reduction.
Marin's first rock-n-roll concert... no moshing
I didn't mean to drop the hair dryer in the bathtub
this is Barredtholomeu he is a barred owl that hung out at our place for the day
Marin is going to be a good cook
SNIFF Marin's growing up fast
Here is our pot of gold at the end of the rainbow
Choking hazard-schmoking hazard

1 Comments:
Yah, you gotta keep those hair dryers away from the tub! ;) Cool hair Marin!
I always get weird looks when I pull out my cloth bags at the store too - though, mostly from people in line behind me. It takes longer to bag up I guess.
Post a Comment
<< Home