Friday, March 30, 2007

Skinny Dipping

Last night marked a milestone in Marin short life. Marin had her very first bath! You would have thought that we dipped our child in a vat of hydrochloric acid... instead of some nice bath powder and luke warm water. Marin decided she didn't like it one bit, I think it is fair to say that she hated it. One thing is for sure and a surprise to us, she did not excrete into the bath water.

This is the torture device! It does look rather ominous.

Such a happy baby
Marin is happy to be free of the vat of acid.

I missed another milestone on my last post and for that I apologize. Marin began gripping items. In the photo you can see her gripping the rattle, notice its in the shape of a phone. I hope that doesn't mean I'm going to have a little girl who spends all her time on the phone.
I think this may be a precursor to her "attitude" look when she is a pre-teen.

We went to the doctor and all is well, Marin is gaining weight (8 pounds 10 ounces at 3 1/2 weeks) and is healthy. The Dr. was able to see first hand how uncomfortable Marin was feeding. She decided to give us a prescription to help with reflux. We also spoke to a lactation consultant that gave us some techniques to feed Marin without upsetting her (candles, Barry Manilow in the background, nice bottle of Merlot and silk sheets).

We had a triumphant parent day yesterday: we went to the doctor, Wal-Mart, grocery store, and the pharmacy all without incident. Marin was a joy and pleasure. Jena liked that fact that I was preoccupied with Marin in the grocery store. That kept me from grabbing a pepperoni link and chasing her around the meat isle or yelling out things "these breasts look great honey, come feel them" as I peruse the chicken isle.
And in the news department this man is going to be a father!

3 Comments:

Blogger Zelia said...

Well, I laughed so hard it brought tears to my eyes and other watery substances elsewhere.

4:24 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

5:19 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

And I must second Zelia's comment, actually both of them.... Can't wait to show Aaron. You know how much he loves that picture!

5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home