Saturday, April 07, 2007

Less acid....more love

This whole parent thing is becoming old hat to Jena and I. We brave the grocery store, we even go browsing for books at our local book retailer. Dad can even flip pages in a book and rock Marin in the car seat with his knee. Soon we may even try the "go out to dinner"!!! Multi-tasking is key to a new parent... I would even say its fundamental. Case and point.... 3am crying baby... I need to stand and put on my robe while dodging Alex (whenever we get out of bed he thinks its morning and time for breakfast.. this never fails 11pm, 1am, 4 am; doesn't matter. Always the same OH MY GOODNESS your awake lets eat!:) Then I pick up Marin, take her out of the swaddle sack, bring her to the changing table, then disrobe her and hope that she has no poop on the outfit. Then change the baby, walk back, hop over Alex, re-swaddle Marin, and hand her off to Jena so she can feed Marin.

We purchased one of those baby whisperer DVD's. We watch it and giggled at the low budget and cheesy role plays. Much to our delight we did learn something and felt like we didn't waste the 9.99 plus shipping on it. You will see in the photo section that the suggestions we got for bathing the baby are a smashing success. No more acid baths for Marin, only fun and clean bath time from now on.


Bath time is fun!......



......until Dad does my hair.

She looks like the grand pooh bah from the Flintstones.

OK look below at the new bed for Alex. You can see that we are feeling guilty that we haven't been paying much attention to our first born fur baby. Yes that's a therapeutic memory foam dog bed. I laid on it to test it out and I almost fell asleep on it. It's great I love it. Not sure if Alex does yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home