Like Water for Diaper Rash
Another grand week of nice weather and great child. Oh and the mother is a pretty rock'in gal too. I know life is crazy but on the 21st, Jena and I celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary!!! Whoo Hoo we are still married (with no end in site). I would also like to report that my new niece Sabine is doing great.
I know you hear stories of mothers lifting cars off their babies and fighting off "would-be" attackers. Most of you think; urban myth, or some other fluke but I want to tell you that I have seen it in action. Mothers have super powers (above and beyond that whole lactating thing)... and I saw it up close and personal and I'm glad that Jena has them.
Picture this: Mom, Dad, fur baby and daughter all going for an afternoon hike. Mom carefully striding on the trail with Marin in her Bjorn, Alex tethered to me as we make our way down this freshly cut trail. Besides a deer fly bite on my neck it couldn't get any better. Then the unthinkable happens..... Jena's shoe lace get wrapped around a protruding root on the side of the trail. I see Jena and Marin lurching forward in slow motion towards a tree and a wood pile. I'm too far away to offer any assistance. Alex is sniffing something and is otherwise indisposed. No human can have the kind of split second body control that Jena showed as she was rocketing towards the tree face first. With agility of a jungle cat Jena changed direction in mid air (I'm not kidding) twisted her body and thrust her arm at an unhuman angle to protect Marin from the on coming impact. Jena managed to avoid the wood pile and the tree and land on the softer grass area in between. We immediately got Jena up and checked on Marin. Marin was crying, Jena was shaking, I was feeling inadequate and Alex found something to pee on. It was quite a scene. I'm happy to report that the minute Marin saw that I was looking at her she stopped crying and grinned and giggled, she said that was fun and a little scary lets keep going. Jena a bit bruised and batter decided we should continue on as well. I would like to take this moment to thank Jena for being a fantastic mother and super hero. (Oh and good boy Alex for scenting the trail for us).
These are so cute-can't wait for me feet to grow

I know you have heard our trial and tribulations of trying to get Marin to sleep. We took some advice from an old child care book from the 30's and it worked great. Honey and whiskey what a pairing...

Once again Marin displays "Blue Steel" with resounding success


She is growing up too fast.
I know you hear stories of mothers lifting cars off their babies and fighting off "would-be" attackers. Most of you think; urban myth, or some other fluke but I want to tell you that I have seen it in action. Mothers have super powers (above and beyond that whole lactating thing)... and I saw it up close and personal and I'm glad that Jena has them.
Picture this: Mom, Dad, fur baby and daughter all going for an afternoon hike. Mom carefully striding on the trail with Marin in her Bjorn, Alex tethered to me as we make our way down this freshly cut trail. Besides a deer fly bite on my neck it couldn't get any better. Then the unthinkable happens..... Jena's shoe lace get wrapped around a protruding root on the side of the trail. I see Jena and Marin lurching forward in slow motion towards a tree and a wood pile. I'm too far away to offer any assistance. Alex is sniffing something and is otherwise indisposed. No human can have the kind of split second body control that Jena showed as she was rocketing towards the tree face first. With agility of a jungle cat Jena changed direction in mid air (I'm not kidding) twisted her body and thrust her arm at an unhuman angle to protect Marin from the on coming impact. Jena managed to avoid the wood pile and the tree and land on the softer grass area in between. We immediately got Jena up and checked on Marin. Marin was crying, Jena was shaking, I was feeling inadequate and Alex found something to pee on. It was quite a scene. I'm happy to report that the minute Marin saw that I was looking at her she stopped crying and grinned and giggled, she said that was fun and a little scary lets keep going. Jena a bit bruised and batter decided we should continue on as well. I would like to take this moment to thank Jena for being a fantastic mother and super hero. (Oh and good boy Alex for scenting the trail for us).
These are so cute-can't wait for me feet to grow
I know you have heard our trial and tribulations of trying to get Marin to sleep. We took some advice from an old child care book from the 30's and it worked great. Honey and whiskey what a pairing...
Once again Marin displays "Blue Steel" with resounding success
She is growing up too fast.
This whole happy all the time thing is really great.

3 Comments:
your dd is so freaking adorable! Love her punked hair do!
-Sarah (another march 07 mommy)
Aww what a scary incident in the woods. JENA IS SUPER WOMAN! She would lay down her life for that child. That is motherhood for ya.
I can't wait to meet her!
Tamra
Glad to hear that all is well. What a SuperWoman . Sounds like month 3 really took a great turn for you guys. She seems so happy.
Hope to get together soon. We went the the beach on Sunday, what a beautiful day it was.
Post a Comment
<< Home