Slacker Nation
Back by popular demand....... OK so I have been lax in my blogging duties. My flannel slacker badge is all worn out and I think this Gen X'er is pooped. I do not know how Jena does it. I have run out of time to slack. Enough about me- we have Mothers Day to talk about and Marin getting her inoculations.
On the tortures of being a parent front we have been trying to settle into a routine. It's not nearly an exact science but its starting to work for us. I need to learn how to sleep without snoring but besides from that (and complete exhaustion) things are status quo.
We spent a nice Mothers Day at Avo and Grandpa's place. It was Jena's very first Mothers Day and my sister was there to celebrate her first mothers day as a pregnant mother. It was also Elena's first mothers day spent with Marin's mother too. Plus on top of all that my mother was there too. That's a lot of Mom's....
Marin had her 2 month plus check up. She weighs in at 11.4 pounds and is whoa... um let me check with Jena.... ok 23 and some change inches. She is pretty tall for her age... I BETTER be the father!!! :) Marin was a great baby for 90 percent of her visit. The Dr. and nurses were fawning all over Marin. We were very proud parents. Then they brought in Dr Kevorkian's tray. 3 HUGE needles and some tube of mystery juice. Jena was not going to enjoy this. I think Marin wasn't going to even more. So they started with mystery juice (rotovirus) Marin scarfed down the the formaldehyde-laced, autism causing, bowel obstructing juice like it was a midnight feed of Mommy's milk. The nurse was very impressed and I beamed with delight. Then she said expose her thighs please...... first shot Marin didn't notice, second shot Marin made note of the strange sensation, the the third one..... meltdown time. Marin wailed for a bit but we were able to calm her down with out resorting to the boob, I think we are getting better at this.
We have been trying a new technique at night. We give Marin a bottle of breast milk before her sleep time. We hypothesize that the bottle will force her to drink more so she in turn sleeps more. So far so good. Everyone keep you fingers crossed.
In honor of Don Ho's untimely death..Marin displays "tiny bubbles"
Erkel has nothin on my Marin!

On the tortures of being a parent front we have been trying to settle into a routine. It's not nearly an exact science but its starting to work for us. I need to learn how to sleep without snoring but besides from that (and complete exhaustion) things are status quo.
We spent a nice Mothers Day at Avo and Grandpa's place. It was Jena's very first Mothers Day and my sister was there to celebrate her first mothers day as a pregnant mother. It was also Elena's first mothers day spent with Marin's mother too. Plus on top of all that my mother was there too. That's a lot of Mom's....
Marin had her 2 month plus check up. She weighs in at 11.4 pounds and is whoa... um let me check with Jena.... ok 23 and some change inches. She is pretty tall for her age... I BETTER be the father!!! :) Marin was a great baby for 90 percent of her visit. The Dr. and nurses were fawning all over Marin. We were very proud parents. Then they brought in Dr Kevorkian's tray. 3 HUGE needles and some tube of mystery juice. Jena was not going to enjoy this. I think Marin wasn't going to even more. So they started with mystery juice (rotovirus) Marin scarfed down the the formaldehyde-laced, autism causing, bowel obstructing juice like it was a midnight feed of Mommy's milk. The nurse was very impressed and I beamed with delight. Then she said expose her thighs please...... first shot Marin didn't notice, second shot Marin made note of the strange sensation, the the third one..... meltdown time. Marin wailed for a bit but we were able to calm her down with out resorting to the boob, I think we are getting better at this.
We have been trying a new technique at night. We give Marin a bottle of breast milk before her sleep time. We hypothesize that the bottle will force her to drink more so she in turn sleeps more. So far so good. Everyone keep you fingers crossed.
In honor of Don Ho's untimely death..Marin displays "tiny bubbles"
Erkel has nothin on my Marin!
Fruit or non alcholic beer or cheese or olives
And I'll burn burn burn, ring of fire ring of fire (look close those are Chile pepper stuffed olives)
Elena is being a good cousin and trying to teach Marin how to suck her thumb

<< Home