Sunday, April 15, 2007

Growth spurts and other urban legends

First we need to get some more happy birthdays out of the way... Happy Birthday to Pepe and to Uncle Bret.

Still trying to pull off this whole dad thing. Marin has been sleeping less and eating more. So that means Jena and I are sleeping even less than her. Today is Marin's 6 week anniversary with the uterus. The schedule that we thought we had going is now out the window. We are back to square one. Alas, there is helpful info everywhere..... "She must be having a growth spurt..." My daughter does her fair share of spurting so I guess this seems plausible. With that, she is now a hefty 9 pounds 10 ounces, confirmed at her doctors appointment.

I have been hit with CABIN FEVER!!! The weather has been yucky and there is just nowhere to go right now. Target and the grocery store just feel like extensions of my living room and offer no solace from the fever... Traveling with work is not cutting it either. I need some global warming and I need it fast. (lets not start any political debate here, I was trying to be clever)

So today we cleaned the house, and I'm going to cook (try) Pad Thai for dinner. Jena purchased another DVD about how babies cry and how to decode their secret language. I wont mention the name... no I will Dunstan Baby Language. It was a 2 DVD set with special fold out and booklet. New parents be warned..... the first DVD has about 11 minutes of content. Its does have some value but I felt a bit ripped off. The second disk had even less content. I will not rant about it but I will tell you that I'm thinking I'm going to come up with some special baby method and get rich!!!! The Slosberg Crunch will have all new meaning one day. It will be my special way of squeezing the gas out of your baby.

Marin continues to spoon feed up smiles to keep us from getting totally frustrated. 6 weeks old and already manipulating her parents. I'll spare you all from the explosive diarrhea moment in the middle of the night (no scissors this time). On to some photos.


Alex thinking one bite and I'll be #1 again.

...still thinking


I had the same hairstyle till junior high.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home