Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Win(t)er wonderland

Long time no blog. Life is as hectic as it can be with only one child, one dog, one fetus, one wife, and one job. We have had snow and plenty of it. Not to mention the ice dam demons have returned to bless our home again. Our kitchen has been gutted. Our living room looks like a refugee camp. At least we have removed all notions of X-mas from the house. Marin has taken up gymnastics and loves it. She has also tried her part as being a vessel for a nasty virus that she gave to her whole family. We were all very sick and spent different times vomiting our brains out. Marin, not to be outdone, did her share of puking too. She liked it so much that she gave it to all of her closet friends too. New male baby #2 is growing like a warrior and kicks like a titan.

I Love Gymnastics

Refugee camp: Slosberg style

Stage one of gutting

Our Kitchen...in the garage waiting to be freecycled

The Obama generation with Ipod in hand

The Last Hooray as the kitchen goes bye bye

This is Marin's latest boyfriend. Little does he know that Marin just inflicted him with the VIRUS. Happy Birthday Anthony!

Marin is protesting Facebook's anti-nipple crusade with a nude stroller march

Still looking good

Mr. and Mrs. Barchetto teaching Marin some new moves

Our dog sled team: Xena and well I forget the rest of their names. The 2 white dogs are named after harry potter people

My Father and I riding the dog sled

Pepe Mushing

Tranzor Z, the sled dog waits for his next chance to kill his master.

Helping Dad chip off ice dams

2 Comments:

Blogger Leia H said...

Let me tell you something - if I could have a TV that size in my 'kitchen' I wouldn't ever complain again! ;) And a fireplace....you have it so rough. I'm kidding - remodeling makes me want to die. I feel your pain. Peace be with your kitchen. :)

I'm sorry you've all been sick. Don't send it my way though. And where were you on dog sleds? That was unexpected to see!

Dear Marin - I was a gymnast for way too many years. I learned a few things I'd like to pass on to you:

1.never reach with your hands when you are falling - it hurts much less, trust me.

2.Always keep your chin tucked to your chest when you learn to flip (hopefully not for a few years). Neck injuries will haunt you, and your mommy, for years.

3.Leotards suck. They give you wedgies. Pick when no one is looking. :)

4.The toddler coaches are the nicest people in the world. They LOVE LOVE LOVE kids. Be sweet to them - they don't get paid worth a crap. :)

The end.

11:12 PM  
Blogger Lia said...

Those pics of Marin are way too cute! Love the nude stroller one and the one of her sitting at the window watching Daddy.
The kitchen looks AWESOME!!! So happy for you that its over. Can't wait to see it in person.
Happy Valentine's Day!
Love,
Andrea, Lia, and Kayla (okay, Ronny, too)

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home